Jizzy Pearl Official Message Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
October 19, 2017, 04:27:35 PM

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What's your favorite unrealsed/LOVE-HATE tune? (Lets get ths board flowin again)  (Read 11473 times)
mOji

View Profile
« on: January 09, 2012, 09:44:55 PM »

IN A PICTURE

http://www.acidplanet.com/components/embedfile.asp?asset=275602&T=7904

DELICIOUS

http://www.acidplanet.com/components/embedfile.asp?asset=275588&T=6956

SteveBDF

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2012, 03:16:48 AM »

Love Burns
My Girl
Find My Way
Stony River (I don't think this was released?)
alwynrm

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2012, 05:45:27 AM »

Hey,

OK..I'll bite.  Social Sidewinder has to be up there, but everything on the wasted CD is pure gold, as is Blackout (predictable!)

Al

Gordie1972

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2012, 09:51:01 AM »

I always had a soft spot for, hell CA pop 4

G
SteveBDF

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2012, 05:25:48 PM »

Cool unreleased songs there lads  Cheesy
JP
Global Moderator

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2012, 07:59:23 PM »

Delicious is a great song. But there was an argument at the time that we were not rising above beer and pot songs so I didn't appreciate the song then as much as I do now. It probably should have made the I'm not Happy record but it didn't--lots of drama and in-fighting going on at that time. Thats all Skid on guitars, no Jon or Darren. It was recorded on our trusty Tascam 4-track machine, man I loved that recording machine. If you guys wanna ask me questions about any L/H songs feel free....maybe I can enlighten ya...
mOji

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2012, 08:46:53 PM »

Come on peeps! Jizzos opened the phone-lines, it's a cool thread and we've been kind of in-active of late. Let the questions start flowing.

I know Skid and Karen have told me what/who "In a Picture's" about. But during what era of L/H was that recorded? And who's playing on that tune?

I know you don't dig "Walk On." But was that song ever performed live?

Of the unrealed/B-Side stuff. Which tunes do you wish made it on to the L/H releases?

Gracias'

misterjameswest

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2012, 11:50:45 PM »

I don't really know what songs weren't released as I got into Love/Hate 7-9 years ago?  I think it was when Shrinking Violet came out and then checked out Love/Hate on what I think was their old site that had clips of songs?  Was there an image of a dancing girl or something there?...

Anyway, I don't have a question but just comments. There's a ton of songs I like, of course, but "Walk On" just has such a cool vibe to it; and I love when the "oh!" and screams come in.  Sounds like just a bad 'trip'.  Love that song...

"If You Believe In Miracles" is a great song, I think as well.  The vocals, ebb and flow of the song and the build up at the end.

"Flower" is such a powerful song with tons of attitude!  Bad ass, I would describe it!

Wish I knew more to ask some good questions, but I'll just say thanks for the music, Jizzy; and hope there's some music releases down the road, whenever that may be.  I know it has been a while, but "Just A Boy" is such a great cd!  I see it's on Ebay for $15 and the track listing has "Hair of the Dog" and "Since I've Been Loving You" on it.  Are those bonus tracks on a re-release?  Ok, there's my question.

Todd
mOji

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2012, 07:02:49 AM »

I don't really know what songs weren't released as I got into Love/Hate 7-9 years ago?  I think it was when Shrinking Violet came out and then checked out Love/Hate on what I think was their old site that had clips of songs?  Was there an image of a dancing girl or something there?...

Anyway, I don't have a question but just comments. There's a ton of songs I like, of course, but "Walk On" just has such a cool vibe to it; and I love when the "oh!" and screams come in.  Sounds like just a bad 'trip'.  Love that song...

"If You Believe In Miracles" is a great song, I think as well.  The vocals, ebb and flow of the song and the build up at the end.

"Flower" is such a powerful song with tons of attitude!  Bad ass, I would describe it!

Wish I knew more to ask some good questions, but I'll just say thanks for the music, Jizzy; and hope there's some music releases down the road, whenever that may be.  I know it has been a while, but "Just A Boy" is such a great cd!  I see it's on Ebay for $15 and the track listing has "Hair of the Dog" and "Since I've Been Loving You" on it.  Are those bonus tracks on a re-release?  Ok, there's my question.

Todd

"Walk on" is one of my all time faves. That's Karen/Skids wife screaming on that tune. And she does the spanish into on "Black Iguana" I always thought that "Walk On' sounded like Love & Rockets "No New Tale to Tell" I had n opportunity to ask Skid, he said he wasn't farmiliar with the song. I played it for him and he was trippin out the similarities' I really dig both tunes...

What do you think?

Walk On: http://www.lovehate.com/songs/walkon.mp3

No New Tale to Tell: http://youtu.be/Bo3R3LBjDek

Mr. Orange

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2012, 07:51:03 AM »

Smokin' Up A Storm is one of my favorites unreleased tracks.  Any story there?

Aside from BlackOut, I'm Not Happy is LOVE/HATE's best cd!!
JP
Global Moderator

View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2012, 03:26:22 PM »

In a Picture is a song Skid wrote for Karen. I never thought too much about it at the time, just another song in the ledger. It would have been when Darren was in the band so 1992...? Good rule of thumb is if there's a solo on the song then Jon probably played on it.

Walk on was a Skoe song that I ended up re-recording. The video is a montage of the little kid, Karen & video of me taken from the Coconut Teaser gig I did with my solo band the Sineaters. Skid sneaked in and grabbed that footage...funny times. and no we never did any of those Laidlaw songs live.

Flower is a re-write of a song we used to do with the drum machines, 1987 maybe. It was really a very powerful song live, I remember opening up for GnR and Faster at the Whisky, us in our long coats like the Unforgiven--watching people's heads bop up and down to the driving beat. Maybe that was L/H's first headbanging. The new version never measured up to the original---I wish I could find that version, Joey probably has it but fat chance getting it from him.

Miracles was a good song, I got to play guitar live so I dug that. That was when we were selling out the Troubadour heavy rotation on KNAC of Spinning Wheel...and us with no record deal. All hat no cattle.
JP
Global Moderator

View Profile Email
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2012, 03:41:06 PM »

"Love Burns" was actually called Lust Burns. One of the better songs from that Juan Croucier experiment.
Skid and I drove to some park in Angeles Crest forest with a 12-pack and some Ruffles spicy chips. Worked on the song, well he did most of the work I just drank the beer. When we got home I vomited up a gallon of pakrika and sour mash.

My Girl was a re-working of an old Dataclan song, in fact that was the song that Atlantic records liked and offered them a deal for. The original version was very Thompson Twins, as were we at the time. The newer version was Juan's re-write idea and it's terrible. It has zero soul, just someone's idea of what the radio might play.

Find my Way-- a song written between Blackout and Wasted. Didn't make the cut.

Stony River was real good, that could have made Blackout I don't know why it didn't...it was on the 4-track demo we made that helped get us attention in L.A.--you have to know that we were sort of a joke in 1988, we'd been around for years, made several attempts to get a deal, fired a horrible manager that made us persona non grata all over. We were broke, drunk and desperate...but sometimes thats when the Rock Gods do their Magic. The demo, the Whisky Monday nights, all contributed to the eventual Sony deal.
Mr. Orange

View Profile Email
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2012, 05:25:22 PM »

Smokin' UP A Storm; nothing there.

Aside from BlackOut, I'm Not Happy is LOVE/HATE's best cd!!
JP
Global Moderator

View Profile Email
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2012, 06:54:19 PM »

Ha...well, its another pot song.
deadvelvetroses

...but I don't want to do it...

View Profile Email
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2012, 07:17:32 PM »

Date with Fate is my favorite unreleased song

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up
  Print