Jizzy Pearl Official Message Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
July 24, 2014, 05:11:30 AM

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Posters, bought my Acoustic Gypsy cd! Amazing.  (Read 1511 times)
Mr. Orange

View Profile Email
« on: September 24, 2011, 03:42:24 PM »

I was at my independent record (dated term huh) store picking up a Hank III cd and decided to look at the LA Guns section.  Low and behold they had two new copies for 12.99.  Needless to say I snagged one up. 

Now, any of us could be accused on being "nut swingers" (what a term), but I gotta say that this is the best disc I've bought in a loooong time.  It's like a different band.  Jizzo's vocals are incredible and the set list is amazing.  The disc is age appropriate and can be enjoyed by fans of any genre' of music.  I'm serious; you are doing yourself a great disservice if you don't buy this.  I know moj-eye and a few others were fortunate enough to attend these shows.  To me it would have been worth the cross-country flight.  If this is indeed Jizzo's capstone with LA Guns, they made one of the best albums of the year.  On par with the great Tesla's 5 man acoustical jam.  I'm as serious as I can be.  If there was any justice in this world, this disc would be huge.  I'll have to settle for a disc the wife and I can both enjoy on road trips to the mountains.  Thanks for listening guys.

Aside from BlackOut, I'm Not Happy is LOVE/HATE's best cd!!
Mr. Orange

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2011, 03:44:20 PM »

The title should have said "posters".  Hard to do this shit on a phone keyboard.  The long and short of it is.......go buy this cd.

Amy_Rocks
Doesn't believe in the number 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2011, 03:58:32 PM »

Thanks for the review, Mr. O.  Anxiously awaiting my pre-ordered copy.  mOji's listening to his right now.

Everythin' is a sin...
JP
Global Moderator

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2011, 04:32:20 PM »

I must wait to listen to mine as I don't have one...how'd that work out? Shouldn't I get a parting gift, like on Jeopardy?
Mr. Orange

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2011, 01:28:41 PM »

Amy, as a loyalist, you'll dig it more than most.  I swear I'm not exaggerating either on how good this is.  As a Crowes fan it knocked me over as I absorb that earthy kinda vibe fairly easily.  It's the cd you throw on when your friends ask to hear some music from that Jizzo fellow.

Amy_Rocks
Doesn't believe in the number 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2011, 01:37:08 PM »

Well, I've heard a couple of tracks and can certainly appreciate the vibe... Jizzo's pipes seem to have been in fine form during the recording which really came through in that vid of Love Hurts that's been floating around.  Jeeeezuz.  (Not that we're biased or anything, right kids?)  Wink

Everythin' is a sin...
JP
Global Moderator

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2011, 01:58:43 PM »

Good voice--Dumb name
Urotsukidoji

Rock n' Roll Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2011, 05:19:21 AM »

awaiting my amazon.ca pre-order, now my expectations are way high ...... also waiting on my pre-order of the new Misfits CD "Devil's Rain" (which I expect to be a total train wreck..... it hurts sometimes being a completest). 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: