Jizzy Pearl Official Message Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
October 19, 2017, 04:26:17 PM

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FACEBOOK  (Read 9146 times)
JP
Global Moderator

View Profile Email
« on: February 04, 2010, 07:39:53 AM »

has turned goofy. It was fun at first but I find it more time consuming deleting Blingee books and Pillows and Smily pets than to actually have dialogue with friends...in fact there's about 2800 friends there that I've never met. I'm going to withdraw, once again, into my Osama cave. If you get deleted please don't take it personal, I never intended my Facebook to get so out of hand. Favored Nations, Steve Vai's label is re-releasing the Shrinking Violet record with new mastering and 5 bonus live tracks that sound fucking amazing. A tentative May release is planned with a long tour to follow. As of now there will not be any Love/Hate shows, our last UK tour was marred by a tour promoter who stole thousands of pounds from me and the guys. That was the first time that had happened to me in my history of carrying the Love/Hate torch--as for me things are good, I am in good health and right now immersed in Rosetta Stone learning Spanish...I know some of you feel that this site has been neglected and you're probably right--I go hot and cold on the Internet, I like the exposure until I feel like I'm in a crowded elevator. I will be out playing and touring soon enough so no worries--you can go to http://www.facebook.com/#!/lagunslive on facebook or http://www.myspace.com/losangelesguns on Myspace or for tour dates etc. thank you guys you know I always appreciate you even though I'm a be-otch about showing it....J
headswillroll

jimiuzzolino@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2010, 04:08:36 PM »

Hope the touring keeps coming. Keep up the good work & pop out of that Osama cave once & a while.. Keep it real... Rock on!!!!
Gordie1972

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2010, 02:03:59 AM »

Shame about L/H, but can't blame ya and Look forward to LA Guns, be good to get a better quality Shrinking Violet...And yes facebook is a bit of a pain asking if I wanna become a fan of this Invites to crap causes etc etc,

The only good thing is I get to abuse that fat, toe sucking, window licking, crayon drawing MOfo Roy on there, and hijacking Kathryns posts, which I advise you all to do.

Hope all are well

G
Saucy

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2010, 02:35:20 AM »

I have a Facebook account which I don't use like most people  Grin ...same goes for MySpace...else I would be completely burned all the time and I prefer to live my life than write about it...And hell it is busy enough..I'd have to be 24/7 to keep up!

THAT said all these internet beasts are cool when it comes to finding out about shows and the like...and hey we wouldn't have even heard of things like the LH Reunion without the net...we would've been reading about it in a magazine...

Oh and wishing me Happy Birthday lol...jeez with one tool or another I received more wishes than ever which was totally cool...thanx sweets...and am I supposed to reply to stuff on my WALL cos I don't know where it is haha...

So it's great until it sucks all life out of ya..it is very addictive - it is just knowing how much time to give it...and when to bail...

And Jizz...for you to give us the amount of time you do is hell enough for me! See ya on the road...

Keep it cool til then
xxxx

Oh and that bastard tour promotor makes me sick!!!
Urotsukidoji

Rock n' Roll Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2010, 06:46:46 AM »

Cool news about the reissue of SV.

facebook is about the lamest thing the inter-tubes have ever produced.

JP
Global Moderator

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2010, 01:15:32 PM »

OK I deleted a shitload of people on facebook, most in fact. I'd like anyone on this board who I might have accidently deleted to contact me via facebook and re-apply...specify who you are. Cheers from the cave...
Southern Man

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2010, 05:55:21 PM »

How did our grandparents ever survive without facebook, cell phones, email and high def tv?...they must of done something like read books and write letters...bloody insane.
JP
Global Moderator

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2010, 06:17:54 PM »

I can remember 10 years ago when everyone posted on Metal Sludge gossip board, that was the BIG DEAL. then Myspace took over and everyone jumped ship and went over there. Now its Facebook---bored people sitting in their cubicles or lonely living rooms bored out of their fucking minds eating handfuls of M&M's and talking such profound shit as "Dokken vs. Winger"...
SteveBDF

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2010, 03:51:47 AM »

I'd kinda like to kick the shit out of that promoter.

Actually I'd very much like to.
JP
Global Moderator

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2010, 08:52:23 AM »

He's the tour manager for UB40...he's all yours
SteveBDF

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2010, 10:18:35 AM »

Paul Hunter?
JP
Global Moderator

View Profile Email
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2010, 12:02:10 PM »

Nope--Kris Matthews
Bentonmetal

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2010, 02:18:44 AM »

I reckon Winger could take Dokken in a fight no problem.
Kathryn

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2010, 12:03:32 PM »

Kris Huh  Wow, I'm shocked, I thought he was a cool guy having done tours with u before - sorry to hear he screwed you this time, will keep an eye out n make sure he doesn't get involved with any other bands I know Sad  For yr info, Stuart Oneill did the last Pretty Boy Floyd tour and the boys really got on and loved working with him...yr lovely ex knows him too so can vouch for him as well...

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/profile.php?id=1385464149&ref=mf

Glad to hear yr still alive n kickin - shame about Joey (just seen yr fb post), seems like that reunion tour reignited/started a hell of a lot of grudges...its such a shame cos at the end of the day it should be about the music, if only all the other crap didn't have to come with it...still, all the shit that's happened since will not take away the fun times we had 3 years ago at the first reunion show weekend - NEVER!!!

Oh and can everyone please NOT hijack my fb posts, its bad enuff having Roy n Gordie sharing their incestual shaggings on my page, but now they've dragged that lovely Rob from Toronto in on their lustings - women keep hold of your men, it seems Roy n Gordie are out recruiting for their orgies Shocked  I'm hoping Rob will escape unscathed and not too tortured, however my instinct tells me it may be too late... Cry
FattyMcSandra

RoxieRoxMySox
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2010, 11:13:05 PM »

I've always hated Facebook. I'm still all about Myspace.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: